1 lb. large mushrooms (combo of cremini, portobello, wild), cleaned, trimmed and sliced 1/2-inch thick
6 tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 tsp. Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing, Seasoning & Recipe Mix Shaker
4 slices thick-cut country bread
kosher salt, to taste
0.25 cup sour cream
minced chives, for garnish
1 Food Prep
Cut four 12” x 12” squares of aluminum foil, and brush the dull sides with some of the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and 2 tsp. of the ranch seasoning powder. Toss well to coat. Divide the mushrooms evenly among the four foil squares.
- Make mushroom packets by folding the aluminum foil squares in half and crimping around the edges to seal.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 400°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place the mushroom packets on the grill, and cook for about 20 minutes, flipping the packets once.
- When the mushrooms are almost done cooking, brush the bread with the remaining olive oil, and season it with salt.
- Place the bread on the grill, and cook for about 2 minutes per side, until crisp on the edges with visible grill marks.
- Toss the mushrooms with the sour cream, and place them on top of each piece of toast.
- Garnish with minced chives and enjoy.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.