2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. cooking oil
1 tbsp. chicken seasoning, divided
1 Food Prep
First of all, if your chicken breasts have tenderloins attached, use a knife to remove them, and save them for another dish (nothing to waste here!). Next, apply a coat of oil and season each chicken breast on both sides with your favorite chicken seasoning.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets.
- Temp: 225°F
3 The Cook
- Place the thermometer probe into the thickest part of your chicken breast, and position it at the center of your pellet grill.
- Smoke your chicken breast at 225°F until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. This should take about 1 hour.
- Optional: If you prefer a slight crust on your chicken breast, smoke your chicken at 225°F until it reaches an internal temperature of 115°F. Then, raise the temperature of your smoker to 375°F until your chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Once your chicken breast has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF, remove it from the grill and let your chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing to make sure you’ve locked in all of that juicy flavor.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.