2 8-oz. boneless pork chops
2 tbsp. pork seasoning or rub
1 tbsp. oil
1 cup ice
12 oz. ginger ale
2 cup cold water
.25 cup kosher salt
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp. peppercorns
.25 cup peeled fresh ginger chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 Food Prep
Combine your brine ingredients in a saucepan. Bring your mixture to a boil and stir until all of the salt is dissolved. Allow it to cool, then add your ice and ginger ale.
- Place your pork chops into the brine and allow it to soak it for 6-24 hours in the fridge.
- Remove your pork chops and discard any leftover brine. Pat your pork chops dry and coat both sides with oil, then season across both sides with pork seasoning. Place your seasoned pork chops on a plate in the refrigerator, uncovered, while you preheat your grill.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets
- Temp: 225°F & 425ºF
3 The Cook
- Place a temperature probe into the thickest part of your boneless pork chop, making sure to not to touch the bone, and set the pork chop on your pellet grill.
- Smoke until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 100°F. This should take about 45 minutes.
- Increase the heat on your pellet grill to 425°F and once it’s at temp, cook your pork chops until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F. This should only take a few minutes.
- Remove your pork chops from the grill and allow them to rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.