3 heads garlic
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1.5 cup shredded cheddar, divided
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped parsley, divided
1 cup cooked, finely shredded chicken
2 tsp. hot sauce
salt to taste
1 Food Prep
First, cut the very tops off the garlic heads, exposing the cloves inside. Then, spray the garlic with a little oil, then bundle each head in some foil.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets
- Method: 1.5 to 2 lb.
- Temp: 300°F
3 The Cook
- Place the bundled garlic heads into the pellet grill to cook until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Once the garlic bundles are removed from the pellet grill, squeeze the tender garlic cloves out of the papery peel into a large bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Next, add the rest of the dip ingredients to the bowl and mix.
- Finally, spoon the mixture into a grill-safe 10” skillet, and smooth out the top. Then, top with the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Place the skillet into the smoker for 25–30 minutes, until warmed through, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F on a digital meat thermometer.
- Garnish with remaining parsley, and serve with tortilla chips, pita pieces or any of your favorite dippers.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.