3 heads garlic
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1.5 cup shredded cheddar, divided
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped parsley, divided
1 cup cooked, finely shredded chicken
2 tsp. hot sauce
salt to taste
1 Food Prep
First, cut the very tops off the garlic heads, exposing the cloves inside. Then, spray the garlic with a little oil, then bundle each head in some foil.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets
- Method: 1.5 to 2 lb.
- Temp: 300°F
3 The Cook
Place the bundled garlic heads into the pellet grill to cook until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Once the garlic bundles are removed from the pellet grill, squeeze the tender garlic cloves out of the papery peel into a large bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Next, add the rest of the dip ingredients to the bowl and mix.
- Finally, spoon the mixture into a grill-safe 10” skillet, and smooth out the top. Then, top with the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
Place the skillet into the smoker for 25–30 minutes, until warmed through, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F on a digital meat thermometer.
- Garnish with remaining parsley, and serve with tortilla chips, pita pieces or any of your favorite dippers.
Recipe created by Hardcore Carnivore Jess Pryles on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.