2 thick-cut pork chops
2 peaches, quartered and pits removed
1 green beans, trimmed
2 tbsp. chopped basil
kosher salt and black pepper as needed
Honey Ginger Glaze
0.5 cup sweet chili sauce
0.5 cup honey
0.25 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. chopped ginger
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
0.25 sesame seeds
1 Food Prep
First, combine the honey ginger glaze ingredients in a food processor and process for 30 seconds, or until smooth. Then transfer the glaze to a small stainless steel pot.
- Next, prepare the green beans and peaches on a cutting board. Trim the green beans and cut the peaches in half, remove the pits, and then quarter the peaches. Keeping the green beans separate from the peaches, place them on opposite sides of a baking pan and drizzle with oil. Lightly toss the peaches and green beans in the oil, making sure to evenly coat them.
- Finally, place the pork chops onto a small baking pan, and season them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then, lightly drizzle oil on each side of the pork chop.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Charcoal with Applewood for its sweet and fruity wood flavor.
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 450°F (High Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Transfer the pot with the glaze ingredients to the cool side of the grill and allow it to heat up for 5 to 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Place the pork chops on the grill, and cook 5 to 7 minutes on each side until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F on a digital meat thermometer.
- Toward the end of the grilling, brush the pork chops generously with the honey ginger glaze, and allow them to slightly caramelize.
- Keeping the peaches and green beans separate, grill them on each side for 3 to 5 minutes until slightly charred. Remove them from the grill with tongs, and place them into a small bowl. Pour in a little bit of the honey ginger glaze and sesame seeds.
- Remove pork chops from the grill, and transfer them to a cutting board. Allow the pork chops to rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the grilled beans and peaches onto a plate.
- Slice the pork chops, and arrange over the green beans and peaches.
- Drizzle honey ginger glaze over the pork.
- Top with torn basil and serve.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.