4 lb. pork belly, skin on
dry rub mix
1 Food Prep
Add your favorite dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Rub the mix liberally on all sides of your pork belly except for the skin.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Charcoal with Applewood
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 225°F (Low Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place your seasoned pork belly skin side down over the cooler side of the grate and close the grill lid. Cook your pork belly for 5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 200–205°F.
- Remove your pork belly from the grill and place it on a cutting board to rest for 3 minutes. Slice off the skin and cut into 3-inch squares. Serve and enjoy!
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.