4 pork chops approximately 1 inch thick
1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce for basting; additional sauce for serving
4 cup apple cider
0.25 cup Kosher salt
0.25 cup brown sugar
0.25 cup apple cider vinegar
1 Food Prep
In a large saucepan, combine your cider brine ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until the salt and brown sugar are completely dissolved.
- Remove the brine mixture from the heat and add 2 cups of ice. Allow the mixture to cool completely then place it in a large resealable bag along with your pork chops. Seal the bag while removing as much air as possible then refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- While your grill preheats, remove your pork chops from the brine and pat them dry with paper towels.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Cherrywood Charcoal for its light and fruity wood flavor.
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 400°F (Medium Heat)
3 The Cook
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
Grill your pork chops for approximately 5 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F. During the last minute of grilling, baste each side of your pork chops with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Remove your pork chops from the grill and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving with additional BBQ sauce.
Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.