4 6 oz. bison top sirloin steaks
2 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. lime zest (finely chopped)
1 tbsp. chili powder
0.5 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. dried cilantro
0.5 tsp. onion powder
0.5 tsp. garlic powder
3 tbsp. olive oil
0.25 cup cilantro
0.25 cup flat leaf parsley
0.25 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic (minced)
0.5 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
0.25 tsp. kosher salt
1 Food Prep
In a small bowl, stir to combine the wet rub ingredients, except for the olive oil. Then, add the olive oil, and stir to create a wet paste.
- Next, spread the wet rub paste on the steaks and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Finally, combine the ingredients for the chimichurri sauce and set aside.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 450°F (High Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place the steaks on the grill, directly above the coals.
- Cook about 6 minutes per side, until the steaks reach an internal temperature of 145°F on a digital meat thermometer.
- Remove the steaks from the grill, and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the steaks with the chimichurri sauce and enjoy.
** Cooking times are approximate and based on a 1” steak, including sear time.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.