Smoked Chicken, Grilled Corn & Pimento Cheese DipWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4–6 Servings
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Prep time: 1 h
- ⅓ cup pale ale or other type of beer
- 6 ears fresh corn
- ½ pound chicken thigh meat
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 raw jalapeño
- 2 ounces cilantro, chopped finely
- ½ cup pickled jalapeño
- 4 ounces smoked jalapeño
- 1 cup jarred diced pimentos, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese spread
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 3 pretzel buns
- extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Kingsford® Applewood Briquets
- Bring beer to boil in small saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 minute. Transfer to small bowl and let cool completely.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling using Kingsford® Applewood Briquets. Fire up Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 grill and smoker to 450°F.
- Add olive oil and salt and pepper to corn. Grill corn for 12 minutes turning occasionally to get great char. Allow corn to cool for 6 minutes and cut off cob and reserve.
- Season chicken thigh meat with oil, salt and pepper. Smoke chicken at 450°F for 15 minutes. Allow chicken to slightly cool, shredded with hands, or slice.
- In large bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, Mexican crema, cilantro, grilled corn, shredded chicken, pickled jalapeños, smoked jalapeños, raw jalapeños and Merk’s cheddar cheese base until well combined. Add beer and pimentos, combine. Garnish with green onions.
- To create the pretzel crostini, cut pretzel buns ½ in thick lengthwise. Brush with olive oil and sear in pan on each side until GBD…golden brown and delicious! Transfer to a plate and serve with the dip.
- Credit: Recipe created by Chef Lamar Moore on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.