2 fresh ears of corn, shucked & silk removed
0.5 cup cilantro, chopped
2 burger patties
4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
0.5 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 large tomato, sliced
2 brioche buns
vegetable oil, as needed
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. garlic, peeled
1 tsp. chili powder
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp. Cholula hot sauce
kosher salt & black pepper, as needed
1 Food Prep
First, combine the ingredients for the lime mayo sauce in a food processor. Pulverize for 15 seconds until smooth. Then pour into a small bowl and reserve.
- Next, for the grilled corn salad, in a small mixing bowl add a ½ cup of the lime mayo, ½ cup of chopped cilantro and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set this aside until the corn is charred and ready to be added.
- Then, rinse 2 fresh ears of corn.
- Finally, prepare the lettuce and tomato toppings. Slice 1 large tomato, and prepare ½ cup of shredded iceberg lettuce, and set aside.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 450°F (High Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Brush the corn lightly with oil, and place it on the grill. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, rotating the corn regularly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the corn from the grill, and place it on a cutting board. Remove kernels from the corn cob using a chef’s knife.
- For the grilled corn salad, add the kernels to the small mixing bowl that was prepped earlier with the lime mayo and cilantro mixture. Mix this together well.
- Season the burger patties with salt and pepper on each side.
- Drizzle oil over the burger patties evenly, and place them directly over the coals.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F on a digital meat thermometer.
- Add cheese slices to each burger patty, and allow them to melt.
- Brush the buns with oil, and toast them on the cooler side of the grate for 2 to 3 minutes until toasted and warm.
- Spread a generous portion of the lime mayo onto the top and bottom bun.
- Add the shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and burger patty to the bun.
- Top with the grilled corn salad, and enjoy.
** Cooking times are approximate. Based on a ¾” burger.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.