28 chicken wings
1 Food Prep
Keep it simple by seasoning your wings thoroughly with the BBQ rub of your choice.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets. Add Kingsford® BBQ Smoking Chunks or place a smoker tube filled with pellets onto the grill for extra smoke.
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 275°F (Low Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
Cover the grill and adjust your vents to maintain a temperature of 275˚F, then lay out your chicken wings on the grill over indirect heat, keeping a slight amount of space between each wing.
- Place the thermometer probe into the thickest part of your chicken wing without touching the bone.
Cook your chicken wings until they reach an internal temperature of 175˚F, around 75–90 minutes.
Baste your wings with your favorite sauce and allow them to caramelize over direct heat for 1–2 minutes. Then, remove them from the grill and serve!
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.