8 peppers, insides and tops removed
1 large cucumber or 3 pickling cucumbers, sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch slices
4 cups cooked quinoa
16 oz. garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
8 oz. feta, crumbled
1 large bunch oregano
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 Food Prep
Start by precooking your quinoa according to box directions so it’s ready to be mixed with other ingredients for stuffing the peppers.
- Cut off the tops of your peppers and remove the membrane inside. Next, slice your cucumbers lengthwise.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 400°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Grill your cucumbers on the hotter side of the grate for about 5 minutes per side, until they form nice char marks.
- Once charred, remove your cucumbers from the grill and chop them up. Add your cucumbers to the rest of your quinoa stuffing ingredients.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into your peppers and if you like, top it with little extra feta cheese.
- Place your stuffed peppers on the cooler side of the grate and cook them for about 15 minutes or until the peppers are fork tender.
- When ready, remove your peppers from the grill, garnish them with oregano and enjoy!
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.