1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
salt, pepper to taste (for the chicken)
1 cup your favorite hot sauce
0.5 stick butter
2 heads iceberg lettuce, cut in half
1 pint cherry tomatoes
5 slices bacon, precooked and chopped into small pieces
8 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
skewers or a grill basket
Blue Cheese Dressing:
8 oz. low fat sour cream
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
0.125 tsp. garlic salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
1 Food Prep
First combine the blue cheese dressing ingredients and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Then, cut the iceberg lettuce heads in half, and thread the cherry tomatoes onto a metal or bamboo skewer, or place them in a grill basket.
- Next, for the buffalo sauce, place the hot sauce and butter in a sauce pot.
- Finally, sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Charcoal with Applewood for its sweet and fruity wood flavor.
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 400°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place the sauce pot with the buffalo sauce ingredients on the cooler side of the grill, and let it simmer.
- Place the chicken thighs directly over the coals until the internal temperature reaches 165°F on a digital meat thermometer, about 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Add the lettuce wedges and tomatoes to the grill, and let them grill until char marks have formed.
- Remove everything from the grill.
- Chop the chicken up, and place it in a bowl and coat it with the buffalo sauce.
- Plate a grilled iceberg wedge and layer it with the grilled tomatoes, bacon and a large dollop of blue cheese dressing.
- Add the buffalo chicken to the salad and serve.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.