12 chicken wings
kosher salt and ground black pepper
0.25 cup hot sauce (preferably Franks or Louisiana brand)
4 tbsp. unsalted butter
blue cheese dressing
1 Food Prep
Pat your chicken wings dry with a paper towel and season them liberally with salt and pepper.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Charcoal with Hickory to take your BBQ flavor up a notch. Add a handful of Kingsford® BBQ Smoking Chunks for extra smokiness.
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 400°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- Allow your grill to heat up with all vents fully open. When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place your chicken wings directly over the coals and cook them for approximately 5 minutes, turning them frequently until browned and crisp.
- Move your wings to the cooler side of the grate, cover the grill and allow them to continue cooking until they reach an internal temperature of 175°F, around 20 minutes.
- As the wings finish cooking, place a small saucepan on the hot side of the grill, directly over the coals and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the hot sauce and heat for another 2–3 minutes until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Remove your wings from the grill and place them in a large resealable bag or bowl along with the buffalo wing sauce. Shake the bag or use a mixing spatula to coat the wings completely. Then, plate your wings and serve them with the classic blue cheese dressing, carrot and celery.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.