3 chicken breasts, fresh
2 pkg. cream cheese
poultry rub (your favorite brand)
chipotle seasoning (your favorite brand)
1 stick butter
2 jalapeños, diced
2 cup chicken stock
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Food Prep
Add your chicken breasts into a grill-friendly dish. Generously coat your chicken breasts with your poultry rub and chipotle powder of choice. Add 2 cups of chicken stock to the dish, then cover the dish with foil.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 375°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- Place your grill-safe dish on the grill and braise your chicken breasts until their internal temperature reaches 165°F. This should take about 1 hour and 45 minutes. For longer cooks like this, we recommend using a grill thermometer to monitor the temperature of your grill.
- Remove your dish from the grill, drain the stock into a bowl and set the bowl aside.
- Then, shred your chicken in the dish you used on the grill.
- Add your cream cheese, a handful of shredded cheese, some of the drained stock and diced jalapeños to your chicken and mix together.
- If you like, you can sprinkle additional rub and cheese on top of your dip once mixed together.
- Serve your dip with tortilla chips, carrot sticks or anything else you’d like to dip!
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.