2 10 oz. ribeye steaks
2 tbsp. olive oil
0.3 cup soy sauce
4 scallions, thinly sliced
2 small limes, fresh squeezed
3 cloves garlic, minced
0.5 tsp. ground cumin
3 tbsp. light brown sugar
0.25 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1 Food Prep
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together your marinade ingredients. Pour your marinade into a resealable bag with the steaks and massage it into the meat. Place the bag with your steaks in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour up to overnight.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 450°F (High Heat)
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place your steaks on your grill, discarding any leftover marinade. Cook your steaks until they reach an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Then, remove your steaks from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes before slicing. These steaks are delicious as is or served with all of your favorite taco fixings!
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.