Peach Molasses Glaze
1 cup peach preserves
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. soy sauce
4 tsp. molasses
12 chicken drumsticks
1.25 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic salt
4 tsp. black pepper
1 Food Prep
In a small bowl, add the dry rub ingredients and mix well.
- Brush each chicken drumstick with a light coat of yellow mustard, then season each drumstick with the dry rub mix (about 1 tsp. per drumstick).
2 Grill Prep
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 300°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place your chicken drumsticks on the grate away from the coals. Close the grill lid and cook your chicken for 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 175–180°F.
- While your chicken is cooking, combine your peach molasses glaze ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend your glaze until it’s smooth and pour it into a shallow bowl.
- When your chicken’s ready, remove it from the grill and submerge each drumstick into the glaze to coat. Then place your drumsticks back on the grate, away from the coals, to cook for 8 minutes or until the sauce caramelizes.
- Once ready, remove your drumsticks from the grill and enjoy!
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.