10 fresh bratwurst sausages
10 small hamburger buns or large slider buns
4 cup green cabbage finely shredded
1 small yellow onion diced
1 green bell pepper diced
0.5 cup yellow mustard
0.25 cup apple cider vinegar
0.25 cup beer
0.25 cup ketchup
0.25 cup sugar
3 tbsp. hot sauce
0.5 tsp. garlic salt
0.25 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Food Prep
In a large bowl, add the cabbage together with the onion and bell pepper.
- Then, in a small saucepan, combine your slaw seasoning ingredients.
- Over a medium heat, bring the mixture just to a boil. Pour the sauce over the cabbage and toss until well coated. Chill covered for at least 4 hours, overnight is best.
- Just before grilling, remove the bratwurst from its casings and form small patties.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 400°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place your patties on the grate and cook them for 3 to 5 minutes per side until an internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
- Lightly toast your buns by placing them over direct heat with the grill lid open. Cook them for 30 seconds or until the face is light brown and toasted.
- Top each of your toasted buns with a burger and slaw then serve.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.