Kingsford® Signature Flavors Briquets with Basil, Sage Thyme
1 rack beef ribs
5 medium carrots
1 head garlic
1 bushel green onions
4 sprigs rosemary
3 cup red wine
2 cup beef broth
1 Food Prep
Nothing to prep here! Go ahead and get your grill set up.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Signature Flavors Briquets with Basil, Sage and Thyme to take the flavors in this dish to a whole new level.
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 350°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Quickly sear your whole carrots and brown beef ribs. Once your beef ribs are browned and your carrots have a nice sear, place the beef in a glass dish and set it aside.
- Chop up your seared carrots and add them to the dish, along with prepared herbs (minced garlic, chopped green onions, rosemary).
- Time to form your braising liquid. Add the red wine and beef broth to your glass dish.
- Lower your grill temperature to 300°F. Cover your dish with foil and place it in the middle of your grate to braise for approximately 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove your dish from the grill and let it rest for 3 minutes. Pull your meat from the bone, dish and serve!
Recipes containing alcohol are intended for those 21 years of age and older only. Please drink responsibly.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.