Grilled LobsterWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 2 Servings
- Cook time: 9 minutes
- Prep time: 50 minutes
- 2 lobsters (cut lengthwise in half, rinse out unwanted matter, leaving tail meat in)
- ½ lb salted butter
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon (may substitute fresh dill and/or fresh parsley)
- Season-All (to taste)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Melt butter over low heat. Add Italian dressing, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon, Season-All to taste, red pepper flakes (optional).
- Remove butter marinade from heat and let cool 15–20 minutes.
- Cover lobsters liberally with one half of the butter marinade and place lobsters in fridge while you prep your grill (20–30 minutes). We prefer Kingsford® Original briquets for this delicate dish.
- Place lobster halves on grill, shell side down.
- Baste periodically with remaining butter marinade often until all gone. If marinade has hardened, place sauce pan on grill to melt.
- Lobster is done when the meat turns from opaque to white and begins to pull from the shell easily. Less is more with cooking lobster. We prefer 7–9 minutes max when grilling over direct heat.
- Garnish with grilled lemons, oranges, limes and fresh tarragon.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.