Skip to content
Chili Stuffed Cheeseburger
Write a Review
- 1 (15 oz.) can chili (no beans)
- 1½ lb. ground beef (preferably an 80/20 blend)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 4 sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices hamburger buns
- Pour approximately 2 ounces of chili into 4 of the cupcake pan cups then set in the freezer for 20–30 minutes until the chili disks are completely frozen.
- As the chili freezes, prepare grill for 2-zone cooking, placing pre-heated Kingsford® charcoal briquets on one side of the charcoal grate to create a hot and a cool zone.
- Remove the cupcake pan from the freezer and remove the chili disks (note, if the discs don’t easily come out simply place a plate on top of the pan, invert, and run warm water over the bottom of the pan until the discs slide out).
- Divide ground beef into four portions then gently form patties around the frozen disks of chili so they are completely covered. Season chili stuffed patties with Kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place patties on the hot side of the grill and cook for 3–4 minutes per side until nicely charred. Move patties to the cooler side of the grill, cover, and allow them to cook until the chili is heated completely through (approximately 6–8 minutes), adding a slice of cheese to each during the last minute of cooking (note: when the chili is completely thawed the burgers will give when pressed in the center). Place chili stuffed cheeseburgers on buns and serve immediately.