Skip to content
Charcoal Grilled Butternut Squash with Chimichurri and Goat Cheese
Write a Review
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion chopped
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- To make the chimichurri dressing, combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, parsley, red onion, thyme, garlic, salt and black pepper in a food processor. Blend until the ingredients are coarsely chopped.
- To make the seasoning paste, combine the olive oil, brown sugar, black pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling using Kingsford® Charcoal with Mesquite and preheat the grill to 350 to 400°F.
- Apply the seasoning paste lightly and evenly to each butternut squash slice.
- Grill the butternut squash slices over direct heat until they soften and start to char, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and arrange the slices in an 8-inch round serving pan.
- Drizzle the chimichurri dressing over the grilled squash. Sprinkle with goat cheese and serve warm.
Credit: Recipe created by world champion pitmaster Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Que on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal.