Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Jalapeño ColeslawWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 1 Servings
- Cook time: 5–7 minutes
- Prep time: 30 minutes
IngredientsFor the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 4 pieces shrimp
- 2 slices thin bacon
- 1 ounce Jalapeño Cilantro Slaw
- ½ ounce Chipotle Mayo
- ½ red onion, julienne sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced paper thin
- 4 cups sliced cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime
- ½–1 tablespoon salad oil
- steak seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 fresh lime, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle peppers without seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the Cilantro Lime Slaw:
Mix cabbage mixture together.
- For the Lime Dressing:
Mix together to make vinaigrette. Add lime dressing and season with steak seasoning.
- For the Chipotle Mayo:
Purée all ingredients except for mayonnaise, then mix into the mayonnaise. Place puréed mixture in squeeze bottle and reserve for service.
- For the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp:
Fire up Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 grill and smoker to 600°F using Kingsford® Charcoal.
- Cut bacon strips into 1/2 slices. Next, roll the 1/2 slices of bacon around shrimp, and place on skewer. Cook 2–3 minutes per side in the grill turning once.
- Next, season the bacon wrapped shrimp with lime dressing/steak seasoning.
- On rectangle plate, place cilantro slaw, followed by bacon wrapped shrimp. Drizzle chipotle mayo over shrimp and serve.
- Credit: Recipe created by Chef Rob Magee on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.