3 lb. chicken wings, separated into wings and drumettes
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch ginger, freshly grated
2 tbsp. sesame oil
0.25 cup Gochujang (Korean chili paste)
0.25 cup mirin
0.25 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. honey
2 scallions, thinly sliced, green parts only
1 Food Prep
First, mix together your sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Next, separate the chicken wings into wings and drumettes.
- Finally, toss the separated chicken wings in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 350°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- Place the wings on the cool side of the grill and close the lid.
Turn the wings occasionally until they’re cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 175ºF, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the grill and toss them in the sauce to evenly coat.
- Remove the wings from the sauce and place them on the hot part of the grill.
Cook, turning often, for about 5 more minutes until the wings are glazed and browned.
- Remove from the grill and garnish with sliced scallions. Serve immediately, with extra sauce if desired.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.