12 small white potatoes
1 tbsp. canola oil
0.5 tsp. kosher salt
2 cup finely chopped smoked pork butt
1 tbsp. Kingsford® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub
0.25 cup Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory Barbecue Sauce plus sauce for drizzling
0.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 vegetable grilling basket
1 Food Prep
Place your potatoes in a medium bowl and toss them with canola oil and kosher salt.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend using Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets and adding 2–3 chunks of Kingsford® Wood Chips with Hickory or Cherry or your favorite smoking wood to the charcoal.
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 400°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place your potatoes in a vegetable grilling basket and place it on the grill. Cover the grill and allow the potatoes to roast for approximately 45 minutes until fork tender, turning them periodically with tongs.
- Remove your potatoes from the grill and allow them to cool.
- Slice your potatoes lengthwise. Use a ⅛ or ¼ tsp. measuring spoon to scoop the flesh from the centers of the potato halves, leaving ¼” of potato around the edges and bottom.
- Combine your smoked pork, dry rub, sauce and cheese in a medium mixing bowl and blend well. Stuff the centers of your potatoes with the smoked pork mixture.
- Return your potatoes to the grill, placing them cut side up on your cooking grate. Cover the grill and allow the stuffed potatoes to cook for 5 minutes until heated through. Drizzle with additional barbecue sauce and serve immediately.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.