4 tsp. chili powder
4 tsp. ground coffee
2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
4 tsp. salt
6 medium, bone-in pork chops about 1-inch thick
0.25 tsp. turmeric
0.25 tsp. ground coriander
0.25 tsp. cayenne pepper
0.5 tsp. freshly ground pepper
0.5 tsp. garlic powder
0.5 tsp. onion powder
1 Food Prep
In a small bowl, combine all of your seasoning ingredients together and stir until well blended. Then, generously rub both sides of your pork chops with your coffee rub to season.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 375°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Grill your pork chops for about 5–7 minutes on each side, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Once at the internal temperature, remove your pork chops from the grill and allow them to rest covered with aluminum foil for at least 5 minutes before serving.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.