1 boneless leg of lamb
6 cloves garlic, slivered (optional)
1 gallon water (4 cups divided)
1 cup salt
0.25 cup sugar
3 bay leaves
2 tbsp black peppercorns
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup fresh mint
1 cup fresh parsley
10 cloves garlic
1 lemon (zest and juice)
½ cup olive oil
1 Food Prep
In a medium saucepan, combine 4 cups of water with the brine ingredients. Heat the solution until the salt and sugar dissolve. Allow the solution to cool, then add it to 12 cups of water.
- Remove any silver skin from your lamb with a sharp knife, then submerge your lamb in the brine and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Place all wet seasoning ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and pulse until you have a wet paste. If needed, add water one tbsp. at a time to loosen up the mixture. Once you have a wet paste, add the olive oil and pulse the blender to combine it with the other ingredients.
- Remove your lamb from the brine and pat it dry. Discard any leftover brine.
- If you like, you can cut small slits in the lamb and insert garlic slivers just below the surface of the meat. Shape your lamb into a football-shaped roast, using butcher’s twine to tie it together. Then, brush a layer of the wet seasoning on the outside of your lamb to coat it. You may have some of the wet seasoning left over.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets
- Temp: 325°F (Medium Heat)
3 The Cook
- Place the thermometer probe into the thickest part of your lamb, and position it at the center of your pellet grill.
- Cook it until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. This should take about 30 minutes per pound.
- Once your lamb reaches the internal temp, remove it from your pellet grill, wrap it tightly in foil and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes. Then, unwrap your lamb, remove the butcher’s twine and serve.
** Cooking times are approximate.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.