4 fresh corn cobs, husks and silks removed
2 limes, halved
fresh cilantro, for garnish
1 tsp. chaat masala
1 tsp. red chili powder
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1.5 tsp. kosher salt
0.25 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Food Prep
First, remove the husks and silk from 4 fresh corn cobs.
- Soak the corn in water for about 15–20 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients for the spice rub and set aside.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 450°F (High Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place the corn on the grill directly over the coals and rotate until all sides are well charred, about 8 minutes total.
- Remove the corn from the grill when the kernels have begun to blacken in spots.
- Dip each lime half into the spice rub.
- Serve each cob with a lime half to rub over the corn. If desired, sprinkle extra rub onto the corn.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve hot. Enjoy.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.