2.5 lb. beef roast (cut into 2” sizes)
1 large potato
2 large carrots
2 cans 13 oz. coconut milk
1 cup beef stock
0.5 cup cooking wine
1 cup yellow curry
10 kaffir lime leaves
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup toasted coconut flakes
1 cinnamon stick
2 oz. fresh cilantro
3 oz. sliced green onion
1 large yellow onion
0.5 cup sliced shallots
0.5 cup diced lemongrass
6 cloves garlic
1 Food Prep
First, chop 1 yellow onion, dice the carrots into bite-size pieces and cut the potato into bite-size cubes, and set a side.
- Next, trim some of the fat off the beef roast, and cut the beef into 2” pieces. Place the beef cubes into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper and 2 tbsp. vegetable oil. Stir well to coat.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 700°F (High Heat) & 350°F (Low Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Sear the beef cubes on high heat for 2–4 minutes, turning for even browning.
- Remove the browned beef cubes and set aside.
- Lower the grill temperature to 350°F.
- In a grill-safe Dutch oven, add in the aromatics and the vegetables.
- Then add in all the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the Dutch oven with foil, and cook on low heat for 3.5 hours.
- Cook until the meat is tender to your preference and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F on a digital meat thermometer.
- Serve over jasmine rice, and garnish with sliced green onion and cilantro.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.