5 lb. flank steak
5 large red bell peppers
Bell Pepper Marinade
1 bunch thyme
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
4 oz. extra-virgin olive oil
red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
French Onion Dip
1 container whole fat Greek plain yogurt
1 pkg. French onion dip
1 bunch thyme, minced
1 lemon, fresh squeezed
1 Food Prep
We’re keeping it simple here, simply season your flank steak with salt and pepper then jump down to your grill prep!
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 450°F (High Heat)
3 The Cook
- Bell Peppers
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Grill your bell peppers on all sides, making sure the skin is blistered and blackened. Once blackened, add your bell peppers to a plastic bag and allow them to steam for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove your peppers from the bag and use a dry paper towel to rub the burnt skin off the peppers. Then, slice your peppers into 1” strips.
Add your peppers to a small bowl with your bell pepper marinade and allow them to marinate for 1 hour, or up to 48 hours in the fridge.
Place your steak on the grate and cook it until it reaches your desired internal temperature. The USDA recommends cooking steak until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F on a digital meat thermometer.
Then, remove your steak from the grill and allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
Pair up 1 slice of steak with 1 slice of roasted pepper and roll it into a spiral, using a toothpick to hold in place.
- French Onion Dip
- Mix together your dip ingredients until well-combined.
- On your serving plate, smear your dip on the plate as a bottom layer. Arrange your steak and peppers rolls onto the plate and drizzle with your residual marinade and steak drippings.
Recipe created by Jean-Paul Bourgeois on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal and Masterbuilt.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.