20 small/baby potatoes
melted butter (optional) Boil the potatoes until you can just pierce them with a knife. Make sure not to overcook. They’ll finish on the grill.
1 Food Prep
Start by boiling your potatoes until you can just pierce them with a knife. Make sure not to overcook them — they’ll finish cooking on the grill.
- When your potatoes are ready, drain them and place them onto a board. Using a hard, flat surface (like the bottom of a mason jar), lightly smash them so they’re even but not pressed too thin — about ½ an inch should do the trick.
- Drizzle your smashed potatoes with oil and season them with salt and pepper on both sides. Top them off with finely chopped rosemary.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets.
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 450°F (High Heat)
3 The Cook
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
Place your potatoes on the grill and cook until the skin becomes golden and crispy. This should take about 5 minutes per side.
- That’s it! These potatoes are amazing straight off the grill, but feel free to add a drizzle of melted butter before serving for an extra rich finish.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.