1 lb. ground pork (not lean)
3 tbsp. jerk seasoning or paste
2 rings pineapple (preferably fresh)
2 slices pepper jack cheese
2 burger buns
0.25 red onion, sliced into rings
1 Food Prep
Place your pork into a bowl, then combine with the jerk seasoning or paste. Mix to thoroughly distribute the seasoning, then split the mixture and form into patties.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 350°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Spray your patties lightly with oil, then place them oiled side down onto the grate, directly over the coals. Cook for 2–3 minutes, then use a spatula to flip them over and cook for an additional 2–3 minutes.
- Move your patties across to the indirect heat, close the lid and cook for 10–15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- As your pork burgers are nearing finishing, place the pineapple rings directly over the coals and cook for 2 minutes per side to add some color, then remove them from the grill.
- Toast the buns on the cooler side of the grate for 2 to 3 minutes until toasted and warm.
- Lay your pepper jack cheese over the pork patties and close the lid until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- To serve, lay the pork patty on the bun and top with a ring of pineapple and some sliced red onion.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.