1 pound small carrots, peeled and cleaned
0.25 cup pistachios, roasted and chopped
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup whole fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground all spice
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. ground cumin
thinly sliced whites of green onion
1 Food Prep
First, in a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the yogurt sauce. Next,
- season your carrots with a splash of vegetable oil, salt, pepper and cumin.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 350°F (Medium Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Grill the carrots for 8 to 10 minutes, gathering color and cooking until tender but not mushy.
- On your serving plate, dollop a large portion of the yogurt sauce onto the plate and spread it out.
- Add the carrots on top of the yogurt sauce.
- Garnish the carrots with chopped pistachios and sliced green onions and serve.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.