2 lb. venison sausage, 6” links
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 fresh jalapeños, finely chopped
12 6-inch flour tortillas
4 oz. honey
8 oz. bourbon whiskey
4 oz. Dijon mustard
chives, sliced thin
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 Food Prep
Finely chop your jalapeños and set aside until you’re ready to add them to your roll ups.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Charcoal with Hickory
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 400°F (Medium Heat)
3 The Cook
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
Grill each link of sausage until they’re nearly cooked through, which takes about 5–7 minutes.
Fully cover one side of each tortilla with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chopped jalapeños.
- Lay the sausage inside of the tortilla and wrap the tortilla around the entire sausage.
- Place your wrap on the grill seam side down and brush with the melted butter. Grill your wraps until they are toasted and the cheese has melted. Remove and set aside.
In a small sauce pot, add honey and begin to caramelize on your grill. Once the honey comes to simmer after about 4–5 minutes, stir constantly so that it does not stick and burn. Simmer for 5–7 minutes total.
- Add bourbon and allow the alcohol to completely burn off. Watch for flames!
Once there’s no more fire from the bourbon, add Dijon mustard and mix well. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Remove your sauce from the grill and allow it to cool to room temp, then plate in a small bowl for dipping. Garnish with chives.
Slice your sausage roll up into 1”-wide segments and use a toothpick to dip each piece in the honey mustard bourbon dip.
Credit: Recipe created by Jean-Paul Bourgeois on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal and Masterbuilt.
Recipes containing alcohol are intended for those 21 years of age and older only. Please drink responsibly.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.