1 lb. green beans
6 small sweet bell peppers (if not available cut up 2 large red and yellow bell peppers into 5-6 pieces each)
0.25 cup diced white onion
0.5 cup or 3”x3” block cubed into large chunks (don’t crumble) feta cheese
Calabrian chilies (in oil)
0.5 cup olive oil
0.25 cup sherry vinaigrette
1 tbsp. minced garlic
0.5 tsp. oregano
0.5 tsp. sugar
kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 Food Prep
Prep your vinaigrette by whisking together your vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl. Usually vinaigrettes are three to one, but this is two to one, so it’ll be thicker and not pool at the bottom of the dish.
- In separate bowls, coat your green beans and bell peppers in 1–2 tbsp of olive oil and add a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Professional Charcoal Briquets for their high heat, low ash performance.*n
*Compared to Kingsford® Original Charcoal
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 550°F (High Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place your coated green beans and bell peppers on the grill, keeping them separate, and cook for 2 minutes or until blistered. Flip your green beans and peppers and grill the other side for 2 more minutes.
- Remove your vegetables from the grill and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Dice up your bell peppers into large chunks, removing as much of the seeds as you can and cut your green beans in half.
- Combine together your bell pepper chunks and sliced green beans, then add in your white onions, feta cheese and approximately 3 tbsp. of your vinaigrette. Feel free to add more or less vinaigrette to taste — the rest can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Toss your ingredients together and top it off with diced Calabrian chilis (3 or 4) and drizzle with the Calabrian chili oil to serve.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.