2 slabs ribs (spare or baby back)
1.5 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
0.25 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp. garlic salt
4 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. black pepper
0.5 tsp. celery salt
0.25 tsp. red pepper
0.25 tsp. cinnamon
0.5 cup apple cider
0.5 cup brown sugar
1 Food Prep
In a small bowl, combine your dry rub ingredients and mix well. Generously apply your dry rub to both sides of your pork ribs.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Two-Zone Method
- Temp: 250°F (Low Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place your ribs on the cooler side of the grate, away from the coals. Close the lid on your grill and cook your ribs for 2 hours 15 minutes.
- Remove your ribs from the grill and place each rack of ribs meat-side down on its own doubled aluminum foil square. The foil should be large enough to completely wrap around each rib.
- In a small bowl, mix together your apple cider and brown sugar. Pour ½ cup of the liquid over each rib. At the same time, tightly wrap and seal each rack of ribs with aluminum foil. Place your wrapped ribs back on the grill on the cooler side of the grate for 1 hour.
- Remove your ribs from the grill then unwrap each rack of ribs and discard the foil. Brush both sides of your ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce and place your ribs back on the grill for 5 minutes, or until the sauce caramelizes.
- Remove your ribs from the grill, allow them to rest for 3 minutes, then cut and serve warm.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.