1 pkg. 10 oz. queso de freír, halloumi or similar grilling cheese
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 cup olive oil
1 large bunch basil
3 garlic cloves
4 cup arugula
1 Food Prep
With a stick or immersion blender, combine the olive oil, basil and garlic to form a puree.
- Slice your cheese into ½” thick squares and place them onto your skewers. Thread the tomatoes onto separate skewers or use a grill-safe pan.
- Combine together your basil oil ingredients and set to the side.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 450°F (High Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Grill your skewers for about 4–5 minutes per side. Flip your skewer once char marks have been achieved on the first side. Once charred on both sides, remove your skewers from the grill.
- Serve your cheese skewers on top of arugula salad, then remove your tomatoes from the skewers and add them to your salad.
- Drizzle your salad and tomatoes with the basil oil, then add a touch of balsamic glaze and enjoy.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.