8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup Elysian Space Dust IPA
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 limes, juiced
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 large avocados
pickled red onions (optional, see note)
shredded iceberg lettuce
8–12 taco-sized corn tortillas, warmed
1 Food Prep
Mix together your beer marinade ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Pour your beer marinade mixture into a Glad zipper bag along with your chicken thighs. Seal your bag, removing any excess air and toss the chicken inside the bag until it’s evenly coated. Refrigerate your chicken for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: Charcoaln
We recommend Kingsford® Signature Flavors Briquets with Garlic, Onion and Paprika for a tasty boost of flavor to your grill.
Kingsford® Signature Flavors Pellets with Garlic, Onion and Paprika are perfect to add extra flavor to this recipe.
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: Charcoal Temp: 400°F (Medium Heat)n Pellets Temp: 400°F
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- If using a charcoal grill, when you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- If using a pellet grill, place the thermometer probe into the thickest part of your chicken without touching the bone and position it at the center of your pellet grill.
- Remove your chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess. Place your chicken on the grate and cook it for about 5-6 minutes on each side, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF. Then, remove your chicken from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into thin slices.
- While your chicken is resting, it’s time to mash your avocados for guacamole. Season your guacamole with the juice from the remaining half of the lime and add salt to taste.
- Warm up your tortillas and assemble your tacos with chicken, lettuce and guacamole. To make quick pickled red onions, place thinly sliced red onions in a bowl. Cover them with red wine vinegar and stir in a large pinch of sugar and salt. Let it sit for at least 10–15 minutes before using, or refrigerate until ready to use.
Recipes containing alcohol are intended for those 21 years of age and older only. Please drink responsibly.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.