1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 naan flatbreads
4 cup shredded mozzarella
0.5 cup chopped scallions
kosher salt and black pepper as needed
vegetable oil as needed
Asian Barbecue Sauce
1 cup ketchup
0.5 cup honey
0.5 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp. garlic, peeled
1 tbsp. ginger, peeled
1 Food Prep
Add your Asian barbecue sauce ingredients to a food processor and process for 30 seconds/ until smooth. Then, transfer your barbecue sauce to a small stainless steel pot.
- Place your chicken thighs into a small mixing bowl and season them with a pinch of salt, black pepper and oil, mixing well.
2 Grill Prep
- Fuel: We recommend Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquets
- Method: Direct-Heat Grilling
- Temp: 450°F (High Heat)
Carefully hold your hand about 5” to 6” above the grate, and refer to the temperature settings below:
• High Heat (450° to 550°F):
2 to 4 seconds
• Medium Heat (350° to 450°F):
5 to 6 seconds
• Low Heat (250° to 350°F):
8 to 10 seconds
Make sure your clothing doesn’t touch the grate, and always move your hand away from the heat before you feel discomfort.
When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
3 The Cook
- Cook your barbecue sauce in the stainless steel pot for 10 minutes to allow flavors to bloom. Remove your barbecue sauce from the grill and set it aside.
- When you’re at temp, put cooking oil on a folded paper towel. Grab the oiled paper towel with long-handled tongs and oil the grate thoroughly.
- Place your chicken thighs onto the grate and cook them for 5–7 minutes on each side until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. When they’re ready, remove your chicken thighs from the grill and place them onto a cutting board to rest.
- To put together your flatbreads, start by spreading your Asian barbecue sauce over your flatbreads.
- Then, add your shredded mozzarella cheese to your flatbreads.
- Place your cooked chicken thighs into a small mixing bowl and shred them. Sprinkle your shredded chicken on top of your flatbreads.
- Grill your flatbreads for 2–3 minutes to melt the cheese, then transfer your grilled flatbreads to a cutting board. Top your flatbreads with chopped scallions and serve.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
Light your fire with all new Kingsford® products.
Explore our full range of charcoal, pellets and flavor boosters to take your grilling to the next level.