Skip to content
Triple Threat Burger
Write a Review
8 h 30 m
Bud-Razz Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 Smithfield® boneless pork shoulder roast
- ¼ cup BBQ seasoning blend
- ¾ cup (½ can) Budweiser beer*
- 1½ teaspoons liquid hickory smoke
- 1 lb. Smithfield® fresh ground pork
- 1 lb. 80% lean ground beef
- ¼ cup Budweiser beer*
- 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning blend
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 sandwich buns with sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 slices Smithfield® peppered bacon, cooked crisp and drained
- 6 dill pickle planks
- In a small bowl, combine the spices. Rub on all sides of the pork and set aside.
- Soak a few handfuls of Kingsford™ Wood Chips with Hickory for about 30 minutes in warm water before placing on top of the coals.
- To prepare the grill for smoking, configure charcoals using the snake method, and add Kingsford™ Wood Chips with Hickory along the line of coals.
- Place a foil pan with hot water in the center of the snake. Light about eight briquets in a chimney. When ready, pile all of the lit coals at the head of the charcoal snake. The coals will burn down slowly as the meat cooks.
- Place the pork shoulder fat side up on the rack, cover with the lid, and bring the temperature up to a constant 250°F, using the vents to regulate the temperature. If your grill doesn’t have a temperature gauge, use a digital thermometer.
- Check the temperature of the grill every hour, adding more charcoal and wood chips as needed to maintain temperature.
- Smoke for 8–9 hours, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches about 205°F. Carefully remove from the grill and let rest for at least 15 minutes before shredding into large chunks.
- Using tongs, 2 forks or fingers to shred pork. Set aside 2 cups of pork. Add liquid from slow cooker to remaining pulled pork for desired moistness. Cover and refrigerate or freeze for another use.
- To make Bud-Razz Chipotle BBQ Sauce, combine all ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Gently stir ½ cup BBQ sauce into 2 cups pulled pork.
- To make Burgers, heat grill to medium using Kingsford Charcoal. Gently combine ground pork, ground beef, beer and favorite BBQ seasoning; form into 6 (1-inch thick) burgers. Grill 5 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Top each burger with slice of cheddar cheese, let melt.
- Place burgers on bottom buns; spoon about 1/3 cup pulled pork with BBQ sauce onto each burger. Top each with 1 slice bacon and a dill pickle plank. If desired add more BBQ sauce, then close sandwich with top bun.
- *Recipes containing alcohol are intended for those 21 years of age and older only. Please drink responsibly.