Tri-Tip with Cabernet Sauvignon MarinadeWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Redwood Creek Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ pounds beef tri-tip
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 6 large, cloves garlic roughly chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk first six ingredients together.
- In a heavy-duty sealable plastic bag, combine mixture with tri-tip. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and place in a shallow baking dish. Marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours and up to 24.
- Prepare grill. Grill meat to desired doneness. For medium rare meat, grill until center of tri-tip reaches 145°F (approximately 20–25 minutes). Reserve remaining marinade.
- Remove tri-tip from grill and let rest 15 minutes. In a small sauce pan, bring remaining marinade to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice meat and top with reduction sauce.
- A bold beef dish needs a bold smoking wood.
- Credit: Redwood Creek Winery
Recipes containing alcohol are intended for those 21 years of age and older only. Please drink responsibly.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.