Skip to content
Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail
Write a Review
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons Cholula® hot sauce, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 avocado, diced
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds jumbo Gulf shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro leaves
- metal or wooden skewers (soaked in water for about 30 minutes)
- To make the sauce, whisk together the ketchup, lime juice, pico de gallo, hot sauce and olive oil. Gently stir in the avocado, season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside. Add more hot sauce if desired.
- Using Kingsford® Original Charcoal, prepare the grill for direct cooking and preheat to 450°F.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl, add the vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss well to combine.
- Thread seasoned shrimp onto the skewers. Gently place the shrimp skewers on the grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes total per side. The shrimp is ready when bright pink and slightly charred. For your safety, please reference the USDA safe cooking temperatures.
- Serve the shrimp with the Mexican cocktail sauce, garnished with chopped cilantro.
- Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com.