Teriyaki Meatloaf Sandwich with Habanero Pineapple SauceWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 1 h 30 m
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef (80–90%)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki® Sauce
- 1½ tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1½ tbsp. chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 habanero pepper (stem and core removed)
- ½ cup pineapple chunks (either from a can or fresh)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- grilling plank
- extra Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki® Sauce (for pouring on meatloaf)
- Texas toast (thick sliced bread)
- thinly sliced sweet onion (one onion)
- thinly sliced yellow pepper (one pepper)
- Meatloaf: Soak grilling plank for about 2 hours in water. In a large bowl, lightly mix together all of the meatloaf ingredients. Light the grill for medium high indirect heat. This means one side of the grill has the charcoal and the other side doesn't. Once the grill is preheated, form a loaf with the meatloaf mixture and shape it on the grilling plank. Place the plank on the indirect side of the grill and cook for about 1½ hours until the meatloaf registers 165°F (internal). After 30 minutes of grilling the meatloaf, pour some extra Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki® sauce over the meatloaf and repeat every 30 minutes until it is complete. The Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki® sauce contains sesame seeds and this will help form an amazing crust on top of the meatloaf. Rotate the grilling plank if necessary. When the meatloaf reaches 165°F remove from the grill, let cool, and slice into thick portions.
- Sauce: Place all of the habanero and pineapple sauce ingredients into a blender and blend on high until the sauce is smooth. Store in a bowl or jar until needed.
- Onion and pepper: In a frying pan, sauté the thinly sliced sweet onion and yellow pepper until tender and soft.
- Sandwich: Toast the thickly sliced bread and assemble the sandwich by adding the meatloaf on the toast, topping with sautéed onions and peppers and drizzling with the habanero pineapple sauce all over. Serve and enjoy.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.