Tangy Texas Tiger Melt with BudBQ SauceWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices frozen Texas toast
- 2 spears pickled okra (sliced)
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine beer, brown sugar, ketchup, chipotle peppers and Worcestershire sauce in saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes until sauce is thickened; set aside.
- Fire up a full chimney of Original Kingsford® Charcoal, or light a pile of about 100 briquets. Configure the coals for a two-zone fire, placing the briquets on one half of the charcoal grate to create a hot zone for grilling and a cool zone for moving the burgers during flare-ups. Adjust the bottom grill vents for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400–425°F.
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Grill burgers until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast according to package directions. Cut each piece of toast in half.
- For each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce over one toast half. Top with burger, another tablespoon sauce and okra slices. Close sandwich.
- Test Kitchen Tips:
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Fresh Texas toast, buttered, may be used instead of frozen product.
Dill pickle chips or pickled jalapeño peppers may be substituted for pickled okra.
- Credit: Recipe courtesy of Budweiser®
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.