Sweet Heat Chicken ThighsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4–6 Servings
- Cook time: 45–50 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
IngredientsFor the Chicken
- 3–4 pounds chicken thighs
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teapoons lemon juice
- 2 teapoons green Habanero Sauce
- 2 teapoons red Habanero Sauce
- 1 teapoon salt
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup coarse black pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup garlic
- ⅓ cup paprika
- ⅛ cup onion powder
- 2 dashes cayenne
- Kingsford® Cherrywood Briquets
- Set the grill to 350°F and use Kingsford® Cherrywood Briquets. To add extra smoke flavor, add Kingsford sup>® Smoking Chips to the ash container below the hopper.
- Put 2 sticks of butter in a saucepan and melt the butter in the smoker/grill.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Season with Wright’s Meat Rub (or make your own using ingredients listed). Place chicken on the smoker and close.
- While the chicken is cooking, remove the smoked butter from heat and mix in honey, brown sugar, lemon juice, and habanero hot sauces, and whisk until emulsified (well blended together without separation).
- At 20 minutes take the hot honey butter and baste with a spoon on each thigh.
- 25 minutes later crank up your dial to 400°F and flip the thighs to crisp the skin for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill between 165–180°F, plate and drizzle the sweet heat honey butter on the chicken. If you want to take up the heat, sprinkle additional cayenne on each thigh before serving
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Credit: Recipe created by Jordan Wright on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.