Skip to content
Sweet Auburn BBQ Spicy & Sweet Korean Garlic Wings
Write a Review
- 1½ cups soy sauce
- ½ cup Korean go chu chang paste
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup lemon lime soda
- 5 ounces diced green onions (reserve 1 ounce for garnish)
- 2 ounces fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ounce sesame oil
- 24 jumbo sized chicken wings, cut into drums and flats
- Mix all ingredients, except the chicken, and stir until well-incorporated and uniform. Submerge wings in marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat up the grill with Kingsford® Charcoal to desired temperature. We recommend medium to hot.
- Remove wings from marinade and use a clean paper towel to pat down and remove any excess marinade. Place wings on the grill, skin side down over indirect heat. Rotate and reposition wings on the grill as needed to prevent burning.
- Once fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F, move wings directly over the coals to add a finishing char for extra flavor and texture.
- Garnish with diced green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- Howard Hsu Tip:
To help obtain a nice crispy skin, with clean paper towels pat down any excess marinade immediately before grilling the wings.
Credit: Recipe created by Howard Hsu of Sweet Auburn BBQ on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal