Skip to content
Surf and Turf Burger
Write a Review
- 1 pound ground beef (preferably 80/20 meat to fat ratio)
- coarse ground pepper
- 6 slices Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices cooked, thick-cut bacon cut into thirds
- 6 mini brioche buns lightly toasted
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place garlic on a square of tin foil, add olive oil and wrap well.
- Place packet on grill for approximately 20 minutes until garlic is soft.
- Mash garlic and mix with mayo.
- Refrigerate aioli until ready to use.
- Add butter to a small sauce pan and place on grill until melted.
- Remove and briefly dip crab meat into butter.
- Set buttered crab aside.
- Gently form ground beef into 12 1-inch patties.
- Place even portions of crab meat in the center of six patties, top each with remaining 6 patties and press edges to seal.
- Sprinkle both sides of burger patties liberally with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers until thoroughly cooked through, approximately 4–5 minutes per side.
- Spread aioli on bun tops.
- Place burgers on the bottom buns, top each with two slices bacon, one slice of cheese.
- Add top buns and serve immediately.