Skip to content
Stuffed and Grilled Eggplant
Write a Review
- 1 eggplant
- 1 pint (16 oz.) white button mushrooms (quartered)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 grilling basket
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking. Cut the eggplant lengthwise and scoop out the flesh using a melon baller or spoon leaving 1inch of the flesh next to the skin to create a bowl. Toss the eggplant flesh and mushrooms with 1 tbsp. olive oil and place on the grill in a grilling basket. Allow the mushrooms and eggplant to grill for approximately 15 minutes until softened and lightly browned, stirring every 3–4 minutes for even cooking.
- Remove eggplant flesh and mushroom quarters from the grill and finely chop. Combine chopped eggplant, mushrooms, tomato, parsley, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, balsamic vinegar, garlic, remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir well to combine then spoon mixture in to the hollowed out eggplant halves.
- Place the stuffed eggplant on the grill skin side down, cover and allow to cook for 45 minutes. Remove from the grill and enjoy.