Skip to content
Spiced and Smoked Rib-Eyes
Write a Review
- 3–4 boneless rib-eye steaks (about 2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1½ tablespoons onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons commercial spice
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Build a charcoal fire for high heat direct grilling with Kingsford® charcoal.
- While the grill heats, season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Mix the onion powder and commercial spice together, and season evenly over both sides of the steaks.
- Transfer seasoned steaks to the hot grill, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, longer if desired. Baste with the melted butter during and after cooking.
- Let rest for 5–10 minutes.
Credit: Recipe created by Bar-B-Que Commanders competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge presented by Walmart category of the Kingsford® Invitational.