Smokers Savory Rib-Eye with Sliced Mushrooms
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 3–4 boneless rib-eye steaks (about 2 pounds)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 6-ounce pack Savory Choice beef demi-glace (prepared according to package directions)
- 1½ cups fresh, sliced mushrooms
Build a charcoal fire for high heat direct grilling with Kingsford® charcoal. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and set aside.
In sauté pan, melt the butter and 2 teaspoons of the demi-glace. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
Place the steaks on the grill, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, longer if desired. Let rest for 5–10 minutes.
To assemble, cut steaks into one-bite slices (1-inch x 2-inch), place 2–3 sliced mushroom pieces on top of each slice and drizzle bites with the remaining demi-glace.
- Credit: Recipe created by Rescue Smokers competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge presented by Walmart category of the Kingsford® Invitational.